We are looking for a senior systems engineer to work on our time series database and analytics platform, both distributed systems that were designed for horizontal scalability and performance. Our ideal person would have strong fundamentals in distributed systems, experience architecting at scale infrastructure, deep knowledge of databases, and experience creating Go microservices using GRPC in a kubernetes environment.
Your role would primarily focus on helping us extend our platform by creating new features and tools. Activities would run the entire gamut of the software development life cycle within the confines of a Scrum/Agile environment.
We are looking for senior/architect/expert level software engineer for this hire so you could be an expert who has built at-scale systems for FAANG or an exceptional computer science grad student coming out of an excellent program.
You know or have experience in
- Go Lang
- Distributed systems
- Experience in temporal databases
- Large scale infrastructure
- Significant cloud experience
- Bachelor's/Masters/PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, and work experience
- At least 5+ years in software development
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
Nice to Know
- AWS experience
- Experience with Ceph would also be considered a big advantage
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.