Pingthings is growing. We want to be the full service data platform for the clean energy transition. We provide a data warehouse, and the analytics tools to go with it.
We're fully remote and distributed. Travel will resume after the pandemic assuming that it is safe
As the Director of Sales at PingThings, you will be building a new sales team from the ground up. You will also be hands on with sales. You'll be responsible for converting leads to customers in our existing markets, and working with product and engineering to build a strategy that will expand us into new markets.
This position is one where learning is essential - we need to determine what will work best as we sell into different verticals including electric transmission, generation, distribution, renewables and clean tech, oil & gas, manufacturing, and more. You will help ensure that we have the right content and marketing collateral. You will also be just as interested in building out processes to create mechanized success as you will to pick up the phone and start calling leads. This is a position where you will get your hands dirty and work directly with the CEO of the company.
What You'll Need to be Successful
- At least 5 years of experience in SaaS or Enterprise or Industrial sales
- You have experience leading and/or building an enterprise sales team
- You understand communications and can help craft messaging that resonates and converts
- You see the big picture and can find customers and market segments where our products make a real impact
- You are available during US business hours
- Excellent listening, questioning, and communication skills
- A deep understanding of big data and analytics
- An unrelenting drive to succeed
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.