When we say time series, we mean a streaming sequence of tuples each with a timestamp and a floating point value [timestamp, value]; the value arises from a sensor taking a measurement of a real world, physical process at some sample rate, often significantly greater than 1 Hz. We have won grants from the Department of Energy, ARPA-E, and the National Science Foundation. If you have ever wanted to join a startup whose management is primarily technical and who has market traction before the Series A, this is that opportunity.
A Little About You
- You're self directed.
- You're sharp and intellectually curious.
- You're friendly.
- You are persistent.
- You want to improve.
- You believe in open source software.
- You enjoy building and creating.
- You are happy working remote or co-located.
- Believe in using your powers for good and "growing the pie," instead of trying to get a slightly bigger slice for yourself.
- Team first - we have and will continue to build a zero politics environment.
- Eager to join a small, talented, and like minded team.
- Excited to collaborate with some of the best and the brightest in the world including the RISELab (the successor to the AMPLab), UC Berkeley, and multiple National Laboratories.
- Appreciates and maximizes the opportunity to work from home.
- Agree with the Python Code of Conduct.
Use your extensive knowledge of TensorFlow, scikit-learn, and Python’s machine learning suite to help our data science team train machine learning models and develop insights on high-resolution time-series data. You will write feature extraction transformers, train models and tune hyperparameters using a visual analytics workflow to produce operational models that run on real-time data streams. We submit pull requests, do code reviews, write docstrings, and consider not only the accuracy of our models but also the efficiency of our code. This position reports directly to the Chief Data Scientist.
If you think of programming as a tool to accomplish a wide variety of tasks and Python is your tool of choice, then this job is for you. Help our engineering team develop and maintain our backend systems, create simple web applications and APIs, and wrangle and analyze datasets. You will work with systems engineers, data scientists, and web application developers to automate and improve our workflows and solve data-related challenges.
Use your agile process skills to coach agile a small software engineering and data science team working on time-series databases and deep learning projects for the power grid. You will work with world-class engineers, helping them achieve their objectives and build novel software systems in an iterative fashion. Your passion for agile artifacts and attention to detail will ensure that you are a critical part of the design and implementation of new features and components.
Are you talented at guiding business teams through the process of procuring and executing government contracts? Use your experience to ensure we satisfy deliverables in cutting-edge data science projects. This position reports directly to the CEO.